If you want to explore group dynamics, conflict, change and team development; come and join the Median Group. The Median Group comprises 10-20 individuals keen to understand the groups they are part of and strengthen their professional selves through their group analytic understanding.
Second Monday of each month
6.30 p.m. - 8.00 p.m.
Venue: Newlands, Bolton. map here
Median Group flyer here
The Median Group provides a regular space to think and reflect and begin a dialogue with others, about the dilemmas and pressures we face as individuals in the many different social groups of which we are members.
The pace of change in the workplace and in wider society and the anxieties engendered in insecure times, can make it difficult to reflect on our experience or allow time to make sense of our relationships with colleagues, organisations and wider society. This struggle can feel particularly difficult if our values, beliefs, culture and sense of identity, seem at odds with the prevailing view. The Median Group comprises 10 to 20 people who meet monthly to explore these issues with others.
The group aims to:
- Develop our ability to occupy our roles at work and in the wider world whilst maintaining a sense of ourselves.
- Provide support, understanding and challenge
- Provide an opportunity to explore difference and develop our ability to communicate with those who may not share our views or ideas.
- Develop our ability to co-operate whilst in a competitive situation.
- Develop our understanding of the context in which we live and work.
Participants are welcome from all organisations including the NHS, public, religious, private business and voluntary sectors.
The group has been meeting for over six years.
Cost per session:
£15.00 (for GAN members: membership £50 per year)
£20.00 (for non-members)
6 months paid in advance, 12 month commitment required
Please email the GAN administrator for enquires here.